This observatory was established to achieve the following goals:
- Filling the gap in data and working on updating it continuously.
- Sustaining the technical capabilities in the Arab countries.
- Contributing in knowledge transfer and adaptation in the international migration field.
- Finding mechanisms to magnify the benefit of migration and the expatriates' experiences to promote the development and the Arab-Regional integration.
Migration Observatory's Activities
- Arab-Regional Report for International Migration
- The Annual Arab-Regional Meeting for Governmental Experts of Migration
- Specialized Databases on migration policies in the Arab countries, Bibliographical Database, Arab Expertise Database…etc.
- PPMD Website on international migration
- Urging decision makers and gaining their support to activate the role of migration in regional development and integration
- Employees and Officials' Empowerment in the Migration Sector in the Arab countries